Thursday, July 31, 2008

Homer's

You know I have come to realize that the more and more I listen to Cleveland sports talk shows, the more and more I begin to dislike listening to them

I was listening to the Tony Rizzo show, I believe, this afternoon on my way home and they were talking about having the possibility to interviewing John Elway because of some Hall of Fame thing going on in Canton. Well Rizzo was having none of it and asking callers and emailers to voice their opinion. After a bunch of callers saying "No" and emailers ripping Elway, Rizzo's co-host "Hammer" for wanting Elway, and just complaining in general about how "they won't listen to the show anymore" and Rizzo telling "Hammer" that he would never understand the heartbreak that Elway put us through.

For those who don't know...Elway took his Denver Broncos from his own 2 yard line and drove the final 98 yards in the AFC Championship game...dubbing the final minutes "The Drive" and killing the hopes and dreams of Cleveland fans, i guess.

But anyway, I dont understand why you wouldn't want Hall of Famer and without a doubt one of the best quarterbacks EVER on your show. The Elway feat happened in 1987, over 20 YEARS AGO. If you fans can't let it go, then thats ridiculous. If I had to hear Rizzo complain for another 30 seconds or hear some angry Clevelander call Elway "horse-face" and yadda yadda yadda, boo hoo us...I would've driven into oncoming traffic.

Another host, Mark "Munch" Bishop, I believe his full name is...is a homer by far. The other day he had a caller who was trying to defend his point about getting Ron Artest and how a change of scenery might help him along with the Cavs if they had the guts to acquire him, which they didnt because Danny Ferry doesn't seem to want to try to improve our team at all, but i digress. "Munch" then went on to rip the guy about how Artest is a bad seed and will always be a bad seed. So the caller defended his point again by sayin how Randy Moss moving to the Patriots ended up being a great move and he turned out alright. "Munch" then went on to say how he once talked to Moss in college and about how this one time Moss jumped in on a black guy getting pounded by a group of white guys during his highschool days. Moss I guess jumped in to help which he was punished for. Munch said that he told Moss to then "take off your sunglasses and look me in the eye," which I guess "shocked" Randy, and then he asked "well what if it was a white guy getting jumped by a bunch of black guys?" Randy then responded to Munch's question "I would have done the same thing." Now this is where Munch went on some huge rant about how right then and there he KNEW Randy Moss was a great guy and all this BS. C'mon, lets be real. If you're interviewing Randy Moss, or ANYONE for that matter, about how he would handle that situation...no one would tell you "oh I'd let the white guy get pounded" or vise versa. That just annoyed me to my limits because Munch has no idea what he is talking about, ever...and just because Moss lied to his face, he thinks he knows Randy Moss better than the caller did....incredible.

I have to stop here and go to work...but don't you worry, I will continue this discussion by adding some Jim Rome and and I will continue to further my explanation of why I now extremely dislike Cleveland sports radio hosts...

Oh and Knapik, here is your shout out...and you can leave comments, I checked the settings...so just leave your comment and stop complaining. MARCO!

It's good to be back, but only when Jim Rome is on at 12-3 to break up the monotony of Cleveland Sports Talk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out...

and reading this i agree w/ a lot of what ur saying...but im not sure if u like Jim Rome or not

i hope thats not the case

Unknown said...

i just noticed you gave me a shout out...thanks dude. now I'm gonna be famous