Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Few Days Hiatus

Alright I apologize for the long wait on my second entry. What's it been like, 2, 3 days? Anyway...obviously haven't been around my laptop...

So after seeing "The Dark Knight" three times now, it's safe to say that it will possibly be the best movie I have ever and will ever see. Granted my third viewing wasn't as good as the first and second time, but that's probably related to the fact that I had just seen it twice in four days and the time of when I went and saw it, againx2. but either way....its great.

Too bad for Heath because he could have made a killing (um...no pun intended) being the Joker, as he plays this role beyond perfection. I read reviews saying how the movie is too long and Christian Bale plays his role very stale or something like that, well movie critics are usually wrong when it comes to movies I enjoy...so they didn't disappoint me with those two negative comments. I don't know how you can give this movie a 3 out of 4 stars...which I saw in some magazine at work...because it is definitely the movie of the summer and will in likelihood be the movie of 2008. I really hope they continue and finish off with a trilogy. The only problem there is following up this movie, which will be quite difficult. Plus, bad guys are in short supply for the next flick, if they plan to make another.

The Joker could be portrayed again, but the industry better make sure they put in an actor who looks and sounds EXACTLY like Heath played it. Because if they don't, it won't be as good, and it will be a disappointment. Two-Face is dead, I guess...even though you never see him being buried or put into a casket of any kind. Just because they made it seem like he died, doesn't mean he really is. I mean all he did was fall on his back, the drop from that blown up building didn't seem too far. I mean Commissioner Gordon got shot and he's still alive...so maybe they could fadangle a story line where Harvey Dent (Two-Face) is still alive. I do not know the actors name who played him, but he did a good job in a third-wheel kinda role. Jim Carrey coming back as The Riddler would work for me. You figure he's older, speaking of Carrey, which would fit into this new scheme of "dark" movies they are coming out with. I just don't know how "dark" they could make the Riddler. Catwoman is out of the question, I know the foreshadowing of Morgan Freeman telling Bale his new suit would work "with cats" might push the plot in that direction, but I hope it doesn't. Catwoman will never be angry enough, evil enough, "dark" enough, to follow up "The Dark Knight."

It might almost be better to just let this movie be for awhile and come back when the chaos fad's over Heath's death and what a phenomenal job he did in this flick. But with Bale coming out with the new Terminator movie it might want to scoop him up before Terminator gains speed....BOOOOOO.

So there you go, my second blog...which probably has the same theme as a million other people's in the cyber world. Hopefully I come back a little bit earlier with my next take. I'll probably want to talk about the Cavs and Lebron soon, because everything going on around this team is annoying...but I'll save that for another day.

It's good to be back

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason, you're totally forgetting about um the scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, all those old crappy ones, the penguin... there are plenty of villains to go around. I agree that they shouldn't even try to recast the Joker... and I think they could definitely find someone more qualified than Carrey to play the Riddler. Of course... I could be partial to the scarecrow because of the beautiful Cillian Murphy :)

P.S. This is Amanda!