Friday, August 22, 2008

A Slideshow

I was responsible, by my own caring thoughts, of making a slideshow for the NDC cross country team last season, which includes an opening song, 2 faster songs, and a slower song at the end.

I have thought about doing it again, since I will be helping out as coach. And have started making a list of songs that I may choose from for the show.

I started out last years show with a entry music, where I showed who was on the team and all the beginning welcoming stuff. I used the Chicago Bulls theme song last year, and so I don't use the same stuff over and over again...I have been looking for a new beginning theme. Now take it the opening will probably be a minute or two, so I can't have a 3-4 minute song there. I have found a couple ones that might work which include the following:

Pirates of the Caribbean theme song (sounds gay, but works really well)
Fox Sports NFL theme song
Sandstorm from DDR

I am still looking into finding other short clips to use. I heard the Men's basketball theme song today after the Olympic Games and might look into using that one as well.

As for the short list of fast songs I have taken from my iTunes includes the following:

Runnin' Wild - Airbourne
Becoming the Bull - Atreyu
Falling Down - Atreyu
Never Forget Me - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (a lot of swearing, looking for cleaner version)
Follow -Breaking Benjamin
We Made It - Busta Rhymes feat. Linkin Park
Indestructible - Disiturbed
This Moment - Disturbed
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Superman - Goldfinger
Faint - Linkin Park
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
Typical - Muth Math
Boom - P.O.D.
Ladies and Gentlemen - Saliva
Click Click Boom - Saliva
List of Demands - Saul Williams
Devour - Shinedown
I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty
Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty

My list of "slower" songs, which is actually short, which needs to elongate, is:

Hold My Hand - Hootie and the Blowfish
Time After Time - Quietdrive
I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly
Fly Like an Eagle - Seal
Right Now - Van Halen

Now as you ca see there is a wide variety of songs here. The thing is, they can't just be upbeat songs...they need to have words that work well with running as well. There has to be some way can relate pictures to the words of the song that is playing. So for all three of you that read this blog on occasion, or once every two weeks...your input is needed. If there is a song you like to run to and think might work, let me know, or if you really like one of the songs on here, let me know. I am leaning towards using the Pirates theme song at the beginning and pretty much everything else is up in the air.

So I have awhile to pick, the season is a long one. Let me know what you think.

Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like running to this one song but i cant remember the name it goes like this " da da da dadadd.." mayb you know it