Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just To Get You to Come Back Later...

I just realized a thing or two after coming home from a Miami of Ohio trip to visit Jeremy this past weekend.

1. You cant run in DC shoes. Well you can, if you actually have them laced up. But if you have your DC shoelaces tied up, or untied up like you should...then its really damn hard to move at a pace faster than a walk. Doin it in the rain none the less, just intensifies the difficulty.

2. The people from The Hills Have Eyes are real. Ask Chad.

3. You can take Cedar road the whole way (but not really).

4. I got some pretty cool people around me right now.

A weekend trip to visit someone more than an hour away is something I really don't do. I really haven't done that much, come to think of it, ever.

I know I'm 23, I know I pretty much wasted my first few years of college not doing much and not having the best time I could. Sure I thought I was having a good time at the time...follow?...but now I realize that I could've been having a better time...maybe.

Who I hang out with now is completely different from those who I hung out with when I was a freshman and sophomore in college. Pretty much everyone I hang out with is different. I was really around older people when I first came into school at NDC. I was the only freshman cross country runner of my grade, and one of 10 or so freshman athletes...there weren't many people my age around when I first came to NDC. So I hung around some older kids, and of course a handful of student athletes my age...none of whom, I really talk to all that much now. The older generation has moved on, moved away...and I started new friendships my junior, senior, and after years now.

A lot of the people I'm friends with now I think really can relate to me and just seem to have the ability to relate more to me and my interests. A lot of my years as a freshman and sophomore in college were spent in my room, or just hanging out with one or two other people at a time. Now, its hard to find a time where its just me and one other person...unless that person is Jenny, which is then understandable. But the relationships I have developed now, seem like ones that could last longer than a few years. I'm hoping they can last past the college life and onto the next.

Ive been having a pretty good time the last few months, hanging out and having fun. Ive gotten closer to some people who I really never got the chance to be really close to, and I think its mainly in part of where Jenny is living this year. At her old house, i was still friends with everyone she lived with...I just feel more comfortable in this new house and just how I get along with everyone in it. Its been a good transition for me and I'm really enjoying it.

So here's to more good times. I'm happy to have a great bunch of people around me, you all know who you are...I'm hanging out with you on a constant basis. But this weekend was a good time for me, I don't do that too often, just hoping there are more memories to come. I don't think I'm making up for lost time, I'm still a young guy, I'm just having the best time that I can and the people around me are who makes that possible.

"Ar-ugula"

"I crack myself up on that one"

No comments: