Thursday, September 11, 2008

O-H!!!...I-Oh hell no...

You know as a living and breathing member of an Ohio city I'm tired of the Buckeye hype. I know it's not just college football in general because I love when it comes down to bowl games in the winter and I will watch those all day. Also, I just recently started a dynasty with North Carolina on NCAA Football 2009 on the Wii (Alcorn St as well) and do enjoy playing...not that that has anything to do with watching college football.

But this state is ridiculous with its Ohio State football love. I mean I go into a clothing store looking for Cleveland Browns stuff and OSU crap litters the aisles...and I'm sick of the scarlett everywhere. Now the Browns aren't living up to the hype either...but they don't have their own chant that could be sung at any given moment.

I dunno, I thought I liked OSU football...OSU sports in general. But lately, I find myself not caring and being annoyed in general with their athletic teams. Even basketball, I could care less if they won or lost...and I'm pretty sure I bet on their early exit from March Madness last season. It might just be the OH-IO chant that drives me to the edge...but it just needs to stop. They will get trounced this weekend against USC...Beanie or no Beanie...and they will continue to have a subpar season after that. I think they get hyped because its OSU, but other than their name...they haven't impressed me one bit.

Another thing that is bothering me in the state of Ohio is Notre Dame College...you know, changing the world one student at a time. Biggest amount of crap...the people in there are ridiculous, not everyone...but the financial aid people (again not everyone) act like you shouldnt be coming into help. It just seems they are so unorganized and toss stuff on you the minute. I mean we are supposed to be a small school...which means more one-on-one attention, more chances to have stuff looked and re-looked over so things don't mess up your FAFSA for 2009...but it just seems like they are getting so far away from wanting to help you the minute you step into the offices.

Now I know this is true, because it happened the very first time I stepped through those ugly doors at the financial aid office. Some old, overweight, lady with glasses was just mean to me and my parents. Even my mom was flustered when we left that office for the first time and my dad didn't even know what to say. Now it has come to my attention that this dibochery has gone straight up to the VP of Student Admissions or something like that and everyone is just mean and wants nothing to do with helping you at all. You can't catch a break with anyone really...and it's a shame. I wish I could blame it on enrollment going up well above where it should be, considering what kind of campus we have, but it was like this when I was a freshman and there were a grand total of like 5-6 freshman athlete recruits in the dorms. So I don't know what the deal is really.

The only way I would ever tell my little brother to attend NDC is if we have a solid cross country and track program established. Right now the trac program seems to be well in hand and XC is on its way...but I'm just not sure if it'll be worth the half-off tuition to deal with the headaches of the financial people. My brother will end up going somewhere on a nearly free ride anyway if he keeps dropping time...so he might not even care about the half-off.

I mean I like Ohio...but some of this shit has to stop.

It's good to be back...better if we got rid of some BS

No comments: